In an ideal world, every qualified medical aspirant should be able to pursue their dreams with no obstacles. Sadly, we do not live in an ideal world and records show that due to a severe limitation of available seats, only one in four medical aspirants is able to find a spot in the medical institutions in US and Canada. This is where the AUS advantage comes into play.. Like our sister school, the International American University College of Medicine in Saint Lucia, we strive, to provide qualified applicants a means of achieving their dream of becoming a physician.We give new wings to your dreams and do not let a limitation of seats get in your way. In fact, approximately 25% of US medical residents are not graduates of U.S. medical schools.
So what are you waiting for? We understand that choosing your right medical school from the many Caribbean medical schools is a daunting task. However, as educatorswe encourage you to make a sound decision.
The School of Medicine will foster and support a vibrant health science learning community on its campus in St. Vincent for students, faculty, staff, and community partners. The learning environment will consist of a strong academic program and experiences, comprehensive scholar support and a campus culture and environment that promote student, faculty and staff engagement and community participation.
- Continue to recruit highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Foster a climate for scholarly success leading to enhanced retention of faculty, staff, and students.
- Promote teamwork competencies to be applied in a collaborative, professional health care delivery and research setting.
- Prepare graduates to enter careers of their choice, including academics, disciplines of high need, and under-served communities around the world.
- Enhance community engagement opportunities.
The School of Medicine will lead modern medical education programs, including education programs for medical students, faculty, and community physicians.
- Implement a competency-based education program across the continuum of medical education (students, faculty, and community physicians).
- Enhance performance assessment of learners.
- Implement faculty development programs to enhance teaching and assessment skills and promote a culture of scholarship in education.