The Medical University of Silesia in Katowice enters its 70th academic year. The university was established in 1948 as a Medical Academy with one medical department and a dental department based in Rokytnice Bytomska, a year later it was renamed to the Silesian Medical Academy, and then to the Silesian Medical Academy. Ludwika Waryński.
The Medical University of Silesia in Katowice is accredited by the State Accreditation Commission for education in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, medical analysis, biotechnology, cosmetology, public health, nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy and the US Department of Education certification for English language training since 1996 medical direction in Katowice. As part of the five faculties, their Medical School educates medical doctors, dentists, pharmacists, medical analysts, biotechnologists, as well as specialists in the field of public health, emergency medicine, dietetics, nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, cosmetology, neuroscience and medical coaching. In addition to full-time studies, the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice also offers part-time studies (evening and extramural). As part of postgraduate training, there are full-time and part-time doctoral studies, as well as training and specialization courses.
In March 1948 , the Medical Academy was set up in Rokytnice Bytomska, where the Main Library was established in July of the same year. Along with the transformation of the Medical Academy into the Silesian Medical Academy, the Library changed its name to the Main Library of ŚAM. Its organizer and first director was dr n. Hum. Marian Wolańczyk(1948-1961). In 1953, the branch of the Main Library was organized in Zabrze, which in time took over the basic tasks and functions of the Main Library. In Rokitnica, the collections remained mainly for students of the first two years.
In the years 1961-1975 the Library of ŚAM was led by dr. Hum. Franciszek Szymiczek . During his tenure in 1964, the role of the Main Library was taken over by the newly established center in Katowice, which exists until now. The library in Katowice, which from the beginning was the Main Library, satisfied the library and information needs of the academic community. In 1975, the university’s library and information network consisted of the Main Library, two of its branches in Zabrze and in Rokytnice, as well as 65 clinical and plant libraries.
MBBS Exit Exam/MCI Screening Test/NEXT/FMGE, NEET.PG, USMLE, PLAB
Call/Whatsapp Mr. Arun Bapna +91 90010 99110 for personalize counseling based on Entrance Exam Score, 12th Percentage, 12th Passing Year and Budget.