Higher education in Cluj dates from 1581.University life gradually developed, outlining various fields and specialties of study. Among them, medicine has played an essential part. Thus, in 1775 was established the Medical-Surgical School in Cluj. Here was teacher the well-known oculist Ioan Piuariu-Molnar, also the first titrated Romanian doctor. In 1816, the medical-surgical school was transformed in the Medical-Surgical High School.
The Hungarian Faculty of Medicine was founded at the very beginning of existence of Franz Joseph University in Cluj, namely in 1872. Between 1888 and 1901 were built the clinics and institutes of the Faculty, located on Mikó Street (nowadays known as Clinics’ Street).
Soon after the Great Union of Transylvania with Romania, medical and pharmaceutical education has witnessed a major transformation. In 1919 was established the Romanian Faculty of Medicine, as part of Superior Dacia University.
Between 1919 and 1934 the Faculty of Medicine included an important department of pharmacy, founded and chaired by professor Gheorghe Pamfil. Four years later, in 1938, was inaugurated the Palace of University Clinics.
A turning point in medical and pharmaceutical education was reached in 1948, when it became an independent Medico-Pharmaceutical Institute,organised into five different faculties: General Medicine, Pediatrics, Stomatology, Pharmacy and Hygiene.
The Faculty of Medicine of the Cluj-Napoca University of Medicine and Pharmacy has become an international institution, with a significant increase in the number of students registering in a post-graduate program.
The education spaces have been modernized and several others have been built. Students of the Faculty of Medicine have the opportunity to study under the most modern conditions, as well as to participate at courses that are held in well-equipped lecture rooms.The Faculty of Medicine offers study programs at bachelor, master, doctoral and residency degree, as well as continuing medical training.
The university has over 6,000 national and international students, 2,400 resident physicians grouped in 3 faculties: the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Dental Medicine and the Faculty of Pharmacy as well as over 1,100 teachers and researchers. It was named in honor of scientist Iuliu Hațieganu. The university is classified as an “advanced research and education university” by the Ministry of Education, and the most prestigious of its kind in Romania, as part of the most advanced University of Romania and northern Balkans Babeș-Bolyai .
The students of the “Iuliu Haţieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy are encouraged to practice sports, both at the amateur level and at the level of performance. During the academic year they have the opportunity to participate in various internal or inter-university competitions for individual or team sports.
The students have at their disposal a modern sports hall, a synthetic minifotbal court and a multifunctional court (minifootball, basketball and tennis courts).
Valeriu Bologa, the library of UMF Cluj which was established in 1949, is a member of the European Association for Health Information and Libraries. It has over 300,000 books and journals in Romanian, English and French and over 6,000 subscribed members.
MBBS Exit Exam/MCI Screening Test/NEXT/FMGE, NEET.PG, USMLE, PLAB
Call/Whatsapp Mr. Arun Bapna +91 90010 99110 for personalize counseling based on Entrance Exam Score, 12th Percentage, 12th Passing Year and Budget.